robots.design was used to convert a complex AJAX application from one color scheme to another.
Since the objective was a neutral color scheme, I put greyscale color codes into the image/new color area. I ran the third script on the CSS files, and on the HTML (some inline styles were there). Took all those colors and pasted them into the existing CSS color block, and ran the tool.
Applied the second set of sed commands, and it looked pretty good.
I did change some of the colors manually to make it look better, but in 2 hours, I had a completely recolored application. The last time, it took me 2 days.
Later note: I ran robots.design on a different application, with a much more sophisticated design, including dojo’s tundra theme, and it performed extremely well. I copied the dojo .css files into the application’s css directory, then ran robots.design. I didn’t copy the dojo .css files back into the dojo tree, because once they have been modified, they aren’t truly ‘tundra’.