… but to build a robust site in a timely manner which is cost-effective to maintain requires a fairly high level of skill, and careful management.
- The best sites are built by teams.
- The best sites usually have powerful applications behind them.
- The best sites adhere to standards and coding practices.
- The best sites have complex architectures that allow them to be managed efficiently.
- The best sites meet the objectives of the customer and the results can be measured.
- The best sites are delivered on time and under budget, successful for all parties.
- The best sites mature and change, gracefully.
- The best sites are monitored for reliability and security.